Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mission Trails Regional Park Hike

After a late start yesterday afternoon I headed out to explore San Diego's Mission Trails Park.  I parked at the visitor's center and stopped in for a trail map before setting off on a short 2 mile hike on the interpretive trail that circles the visitors center.











The view from the visitor center observation deck.
I'm always interested in learning about   native plants and at the start of the interpretive trail they did a great job of identifying many of the trail side plants. This was a Mohave Yucca plant-- but I probably remember it because I've seen them many times.









Heading out on the visitors center interpretive loop trail.














On the trail map above you'll see that I took a detour off of the loop trail.  This took me across a crudely constructed rock and concrete dam shown to the right.

You can learn more about the park at:
http://www.mtrp.org/












As you can see there are still a lot of trails for me to explore in the park.










No comments: