Friday, November 2, 2012

Balboa Park

Today I rode the MTS Trolley from the E Street station here in Chula Vista downtown to tour around San Diego's Balboa park.















I was able to take my bike on the train so I biked over  to the train station about 3 miles from where I'm living in Chula Vista.  After getting off the train downtown then I rode about a half mile to get to Balboa Park.









This park is so full of attractions it's hard to know where to start.  I didn't really plan to see anything specific today but just kind of make a survey of the place and feel the vibe.



Many of the buildings in the park where built for the 1915 worlds fair- Panama-California Exposition.




























...like this Botanical Building.


Just a few of the attractions that are here include:
San Diego Aerospace Museum
San Diego Art Museum
Museum of Photographic Arts
San Diego Model Railroad Museum
San Diego Natural History Museum
Botanical Building
Spreckles Organ Pavilion
San Diego Automotive Muesum

So there are many days of adventures here...





I'm sure I'll be back another day to tour the Model Railroad Museum.










... a small look at what I could see peeking through the entry gate at the model railroad museum.














A horn player near one of the fountains.  He sounded pretty good.
















Pretty amazing details on many of these buildings.

No comments: