Friday, December 2, 2011

American River Bike Trail - Sacramento, CA

Today I biked the American River Bike Trail, or at least 14 miles of it, that starts near downtown Sacramento and runs along the American River toward Folsom Reservoir 33 miles away.











You can read more about the trail at: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/180072















I stopped at this nice lunch spot along the way-- there were lots of really great places to stop.













California State University footbridge across the American River.  At this point I decided to turn my ride into a loop and take an alternate rout back to the start on Sacramento streets.  It turned out to be a little trickier than I expected but the Google maps on my smartphone got me through.










I wish I could have figured out how to get closer to this...

No comments: