Monday, August 15, 2011

Bend, Oregon

After the acoustic blues workshop in Port Townsend I headed for Bend, Oregon to visit my friends Perry and Carol.

Perry and I headed up to the Pine Mountain Observatory on Friday for a camp-out with a bunch of their friends.  Here you see an evening jam session that broke out before dinner.





The Pine Mountain Observatory is run by the University of Oregon's astronomy department.  I attended a lecture they had in the evening to learn about the observatory and other astronomy topics.  I was put on to a really great and easy to use planetarium program that anyone can download for free from: www.stellarium.org/

You can learn more about the Pine Mountain Observatory at: pmo-sun.uoregon.edu/





People often think Perry and I are related... but we're not... unless our parents were lying to us.

No comments: