Monday, October 15, 2012

California Highway 1

I spent from last Wednesday until Sunday driving down California's Highway 1.  It's such a beautiful drive I never get tired of it even though I've done it several times in my life.

 This was my first ocean sighting near Monterey.



Campsite at Big Sur.  It was cloudy and rained a bit while I was here but I was able to enjoy a short hike along the Big Sur River that runs through the campground.







Miller time at a Highway 1 roadside pull out...

Surfers at a beach pull off.  It looked like the average surf board ride lasts for one or two seconds with the longest ride lasting about 10 seconds.












This para-glider seemed to appear out of nowhere and circle the area for nearly a half hour then landed on the beach below.











Friday night I wasn't able to find a camp sight and ended up sleeping at a turnout on Highway 1.  This is the view I woke up to out the van window the next morning.

No comments: