Monday, July 18, 2011

Train Wrecks and Mamas Dyin'...

In spite of the fact that bluegrass music is often about train wrecks and mamas dyin' I tend to think of it as happy music.  Maybe that's because I was having such a great time while I was at the Darrington Bluegrass Festival from July 15th through the 17th.   Here's a video I took of my favorite group, Deadwood Revival:



... I love these guys.

You can read more about them at: http://deadwoodrevival.com/

The performances were all terrific but the part I like the best is wandering through the campground in the evening and dropping in on the jam sessions.  It's a just feels like a privilege to play along with people when there's someone in the group who is playing a song because they love it.

Here's my new/used  van that I bought about a month ago camped at the festival campground.










Here's what I wish my van was but will never be...












... and here's my favorite car seen in the festival camp ground.  I think it's a 1932 Ford.
















Now, don't you wish you'd been there?

No comments: