Sunday, June 4, 2017

Agua Dulce Creek Birding With San Diego Audubon

I drove up to Mt Laguna an hour east of San Diego, on the far right side of the map above on Friday morning. [click on the map for a larger view]


In the late morning and afternoon I hiked to Water of the Woods and Big Laguna Lake. I've lived here for nearly four years now as this is the fullest, nearly to the outlets, I've seen these lakes.


I always expect to see Hoss, Little Joe, and Pa Cartwright come riding through the meadow... but had to settle for these two women on horseback today.

I stayed over Friday night near Mt Laguna at the Burnt Rancheria Campground to go on a San Diego Audubon bird walk at nearby Agua Dulce Creek. There were LOTS of woodpeckers, flycatchers, wood pewees, swallows, nuthatches, and juncos. An acorn woodpecker is pictured above... we also saw Nuttles, ladder-back, and hairy woodpeckers.


The forest floor next to the trail was covered with wildflowers in bloom too...


No comments: