Friday, July 30, 2010

Kitsap Peninsula Bike Ride

On Tuesday I left for a three day bike ride on the Kitsap Peninsula west of and across Puget Sound from Seattle.  On the first leg of the trip I rode to the Bremerton ferry dock downtown where I caught the ferry.  To the right you see the ferry arriving in Bremerton.

After arriving in Bremerton I rode four or five miles to the campground at Illahee State Park. 














There was lots of colorful sky  and some great views while hanging out on the water before sunset.















On Wednesday I took about a twenty-five mile bike ride from Illahee north to Brownsville ( picture to the right); then west to Silverdale; then back to Illahee State Park.


On Thursday morning I was on the 11:10 am ferry from Bremerton to Seattle and arrived in time for a late rock-fish taco lunch at Fisherman's Terminal in Ballard.

No comments: