Thursday, July 16, 2009

Whidbey Island Bike Ride

This week I took a two day bicycle trip, about 70 miles round trip, to the small town of Langley on Whidbey Island north of Seattle. A big part of the rout that I used going north to the ferry that would take me to Whidbey Island was along the reclaimed right-of-way originally used by the Seattle-Everett Interurban Railway from 1910 to 1939.
As chance would have it this is also the week that Seattle's new light-rail system from downtown to the airport will begin service.
You can read more about the Seattle-Everett Interurban Railway at:






Some of the art along the trail.



On the ferry to Whidbey Island.

The waterfront park in Langley.


I camped overnight at the Island County Fairgrounds in Langley.



Leaving Whidbey Island on the ferry.




Arriving at the Mukilteo ferry dock.


Send me an email

No comments: